Monday, January 21, 2008

An update

Sorry, No pictures today. Just thought we would keep you all updated on what is new with us.
Today is snowy. It is cold as well. It makes it really difficult to take the kids out in this weather so our days are spent going crazy inside.
We are keeping busy though with play group events and now that Valentines day is just around the corner, Lily is really into making valentines for everyone. So dont be surprised if some of you get some "Lily mail".
Nolan is going good. He has his dr. apt. last week. He is now 10 weeks. Smiling, cooing, and jabbering like crazy. He is 11 lbs and 23 inches long. He is in the 25 % for his age. We are not used to that. Lily was always in the 100% for everything. He is on some medication for Acid reflux disease. I hear it runs in our family (my dad's side) so it is nothing unusual for little ones to get. He is a lot better and we can tell that he is more comfortable than before. I dont have to "wear" him as much anymore (He loves his hotsling wrap and didnt want us to let him out of that. )
Chris is doing well. He just had a break for 5 days and really needed that. Work has been keeping him busy but now that the holidays are over with, hopefully he can relax a bit more.
We are still here in Iowa. We all are really starting to enjoy it. I am finding lots of things to do and making tons of mommy friends from the two playgroups we are in. We just had a night out the other day and got our toes done and went out for drinks. It gets me away from the kids for a while, although I love them to death, it is a much needed break. And Chris gets to spend time with the kids by himself which is great as well. So I consider myself in a "Playgroup" as well.
Lily is making friends to meet up with and having fun doing that. She is quite the charmer with the older ladies too. She loves to make friends in the malls and says hi to everyone. Although it is cute, sometimes it is embarrassing, right mom ?(I hear you know someone else who was like that?)

Hope you all are doing well. I would love to hear how you all are doing via email sometime.

Love,
Kristin, Chris, Lily and Nolan