Monday, October 12, 2009

SNOW!!

I saw it.... SNOW!! It snowed here on Saturday for the first time this year. Lily was so excited. She thought it was Christmas time and time for Santa to come :) I just can't believe how cold it has been here. I love Fall and look forward to it every year. It feels like we totally missed fall and hopped right into winter. Boo!! The days are getting shorter and it is getting darker earlier. I can feel it now.... we are going to have a long winter. The kids and I went to Home Depot the other day looking for some things, and we ran into the Christmas aisle. The whole front of the store was decked out for Christmas. No Halloween stuff or even Thanksgiving stuff. Christmas trees, ornaments, stockings, snowglobes, etc.... All Christmas. Yikes!! I remember as a kid, the Christmas stuff would be up after Thanksgiving. Now it is before Halloween. No wonder the kids are confused.

This past Wednesday night, Lily and I went to a Tupperware party. We had so much fun. I have never been to a Tupperware party, although my mom used to sell it when we were kids. Tupperware has been around for a while :) I took Lily with me. I love that she is old enough to do things like this. It gives us time together enjoying "adult things" which she looks forward to.

So This weekend was a pretty relaxing one. I baked food, treats, etc. the whole weekend, which was nice. Saturday Mom, Lily, and I went to the craft fair. It was fun. It was great to have some girl time and Papa got to spend time with Nolan. ( Chris had to work) I got some cute signs for our house for the different seasons, and mom got a really neat wreath for their new addition.



I am in charge of Scholastic book orders for Lily's whole preschool so I spent much time this weekend calculating those and processing the order. Wheeww... What a project.

Chris has off today so we plan on relaxing, by the fire. The turkey is in the oven for dinner.... what a great start to the week.