Monday, May 18, 2009

Going, going, still going :)











We had another busy weekend. We went out for Friday night fish fry with Mom Kim, Coco, Bubba, me and the kids. Then Mom Kim asked Lily to spend the night at her house which was wonderful for Lily. She does this once in a while and absolutely loves it. She is at the point where she doesn't need to call us all the time and want to come home in the middle of the night so we are happy that she is eager to have a camp out with Grandma Kim. She stayed the night and wanted to stay the whole day on Saturday too. They went out and about and we ended up getting Lily at 7pm at night on Saturday. So it was just me and Nolan all day on Saturday. Chris was at work and Lily was gone for the day. Kinda weird to have just one kid for the day:) Saturday, David and Gavin came over for a while. David came over to look at our roof. He offered to reshingle it for us so he wanted us to pick out some stuff. Gavin and Nolan played so nicely. They played outside, then me and David took the boys to Mc Donalds for a while. Nolan and I came back home and we mowed the lawn. Chris normally mows the lawn but I thought I would help out and surprise him. Nolan fell asleep in the back pack carrier I was wearing with him in it( I put him in it because he tends to run off into the road so I wanted to keep him in one place) I couldn't get the lawn mower started and then when I did, I couldn't shut it off. After mowing for a while it decided to quit on me when I wasn't finished mowing and I went to reach down to pump the gas button, and I touched the wrong part and burned my hand. So.. off to Walgreens to get burn cream and a hand wrap. Then we came back, finished up the mowing, and then off to Home Depot we went for some flowers for the yard and some cement for the patio blocks. We went to Mom Kim's house for dinner and then we all came home and went to bed. It was a long day to say the least.
Sunday, we got up and relaxed in the am and then went to the Sytenndmai parade in Stoughton. We then came home for a while and went to the Sun Prairie races in the evening to watch Auntie Coco and Bubba race their cars. They both did so good. We are so proud of them both. It was Courtney's first time out in a midget car. It was so much fun watching her and she did so good. Bubba did fantastic and got second place in one race and third in another. That was wonderful since there were so many cars. Both Nolan and Lily had a blast at the races. They were cheering and clapping for Coco and Bubba. Unfortunately Chris and I will miss the races next week because we have a wedding to go to but Lily and Nolan will be there cheering on their auntie and her bubba.

So this past week Weds. , Lily had her dance pictures. We got her all dressed up in her costume for her performance next week, and she had to go in and get her pictures done. I have posted some of the pictures I took of her. Absolutely adorable !!! I just can't wait for her first dance recital.

We have signed up Lily for Soccer this summer. She will be playing on Sunday afternoons in Madison. She is really excited for this. From what I hear from a few friends, this is the cutest thing ever to see. Three and four year olds playing soccer !!! Love it! Nolan will probably want to join in and play as well. We will keep you posted and I am sure I will be posting pictures of her playing soccer as well. She also will be doing her first summer school class. I can't believe that she is almost four and old enough to do this already. Kinda makes me sad :(